Employees are the building blocks of an organization. They make a face and soul of an organization. Hence, it is imperative that the employees should be hired with a great deal of caution and care. Hiring, thus, is the most strenuous and challenging task. Because if the right kind of employees is not hired, the progress of the company may not only be hindered but also suffer a massive setback. So, recruiters should always be level-minded and be at the top of their game!
What are the challenges in recruiting?
William Almonte, Entrepreneur of Titan Staffing Systems says that hiring is one big underrated and thankless job. And so he rightly says!
- The discrepancy between demand and supply: Let’s face it an organization is always on the lookout for quality, driven and dedicated employees. But the ones who come in seeking jobs or already are in their, most of them are mediocre at their best. And the recruiters must choose the best from a sea of mediocre candidates.
- Lacking analytical skills: The recruiters have the high-end technology at their disposal. But what they lack are analytical skills. They cannot crunch data, for example.
- Closing on a candidate: Many a time it has so happened that the closing offer does not appease the candidate. It is imperative for a recruiter to make an appropriate offer to the candidate.
- Relationship with the Hiring Manager: Most of the times, the hiring manager, and the recruiter are in opposition to each other. Both think they have the best idea about the job profile. And this creates a problem in recruiting the right candidate.
Why analytics is so crucial in recruiting
Recruiting has evolved with technology. William Almonte, Founder and CEO of Titan Staffing System says it has become more fast-paced and dynamic. The constant uploading and monitoring of old and new data is a must. Predictive and prescriptive analytics is always needed to hire the right kind of employee. They are so essential because they make the whole process of recruiting faster, efficient, accurate and unbiased. The handling of the big data is necessary and challenging at the same time.
Technology is your adversary to the advancement
The modern technology and software might make the whole job profile of a recruiter obsolete. At present, a recruiter has to screen resumes, assess a candidate, and take interviews. But shortly all these set of ‘job profiles’ will be redundant. The new software used for all these tasks will go beyond the conventional ATS keyboard system for resume screening. It will use contextual search and the internet to check all the information (along with skill set) given in a resume. Soon, apps will be specifically designed to do all these tasks.
Things you can certainly expect in the future
- Talent matching technology.
- Virtual augmented reality.
Experts are hopeful for the future of the budding recruiters. Recruiters must become more technology savvy and develop a whole new set of soft skills. They must know the whole marketing, sales, and SRM of the business side. Because hiring managers will still depend on the recruiters. Hiring Managers do not do sales well. So, budding recruiters all the best to you!